Park: Animal Kingdom
Snack: Pongu Lumpia
Lastly, let’s get on a bus and ride over to Animal Kingdom for another sweet snack and movie. I know the Tree of Life is the official icon of Animal Kingdom and showcases amazing craftsmanship with its animal carvings in the trunk, but the entire land of Pandora–World of Avatar is equally as impressive. Upon entering this land, you’ll see the breathtaking “Floating Mountains,” walk along glowing pathways, and experience what it’s like to ride on the back of a banshee! While most people head straight to Sat’uli Canteen for a rice bowl, I prefer to stop by Pongu Pongu for their delectable Pongu Lumpia. My mouth is watering as I imagine taking a bite of this delicious treat. You can whip these up in a jiff and curl up on your couch while watching Avatar for the ultimate Animal Kingdom experience.
Pongu Lumpia Recipe
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pineapple
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 10 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon-Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, crushed pineapple, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Place 2 tbsp of above mixture in the middle of the egg roll wrapper.
- Roll the egg roll starting from one corner, then tuck in the sides, and continue the roll until you reach the end of the wrapper. Seal the wrapper by brushing it with a tiny bit of water.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until you run out of mix.
- Put the melted butter in a wide, shallow bowl and spread the cinnamon-sugar on a small plate.
- Roll each lumpia in the butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, and enjoy!